Homepage History

Named after the Appomattox River, the Town of Appomattox is located just three miles from the Appomattox Court House National Historical Park, which is also known as Clover Hill. This is the site of Confederate General Robert E. Lee’s surrender to Union General Ulysses S. Grant on April 9, 1865, which helped to end the Civil War.

¬Ľ More Appomattox History